Most of the anti-rotation core stability activity out there take place in a more static medium: half-kneeling or tall-kneeling. These set-ups are awesome for schooling relevant core positioning against destabilizing pushes into extension, rotation, or lateral flexion. However, their functional carryover is restriction if we aren’t finding ways to transition that push awareness into exercisings in the stance arrange. Open the stay low-to-high cable lift.
Important coaching extents:
1. Thrust the foot away from you; don’t simply lean away from the value stack.
2. Think both up( anti-extension) and out( anti-rotation ).
3. Lock the rib cage to the pelvis; the gesture should come from the hips and upper back , not the lower back.
4. Feel the trailing leg glute fuelling at the top position.
5. To avoid early deceleration, imagine throwing your hands through the ceiling.
In case you haven’t heard, my large-hearted Black Friday/ Cyber Monday marketing is ongoing. You can get 25% off on a bunhc of my riches; time manager HERE to learn more.
Sign-up Today for our FREE Newsletter and receive a four-part video series on how to deadlift!